Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blog Post #16

Part 1

Before I took EDM310, I believed the internet could only harm children. EDM310 has taught me that this is not the case. Internet allows students to connect with educators, professional records and other students from around the world.  There are still dangerous sites out there that children should not be exposed to, but teachers having class web sites help with this problem. 

My ideal classroom still uses the same ideas I used in my blog post #1, only broadened. I still want to have plenty of activities for my students to do, just more are technology based. I want all of my students to have a blog that they can write on daily to help with their grammar. There work being publicly displayed will allow them to be proud of the hard work they put into school. There are still many things about technology that I need to learn, but EDM310 has helped me put down a firm foundation for technology.


Part 2


2 comments:

  1. "Before I took EDM310, I believed the internet could only harm children. ... There are still dangerous sites out there..." There are dangerous places around the corner from your house, on Airport Boulevard, even in your house. Stick your hand on a hot burner and you will understand that rather quickly. We cannot wrap our children in a cocoon. We can teach them not to text and drive and a lot of other things to avoid that can get them into trouble. Things that are MUCH more likely to harm them than what they may encounter on the Internet!

    I cannot play your video. I am not sure what the problem is. It does not appear to be set to private. Something is wrong, however. You may have to upload it again. I must be able to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I uploaded it to Youtube again and pasted the new one on my blog. I don't understand what went wrong because I could view it from the student links. Hopefully the new Youtube link will work.

      Delete