Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blog Post #3

How Can You Provide Meaningful Feedback to Your Peers?

This is a collage of peer review words.




I watched What is Peer Editing? and learned how to peer edit more efficiently. Peer editing is being able to work with someone to help improve, edit and revise their work. There are three major steps to peer editing; making compliments, suggestions and corrections to the work you are peer editing. Compliments are necessary to make sure you stay positive while helping your peer. Suggestions are ideas that could help make their work better. Corrections are made to punctuation, grammar, sentences and spelling. This video has taught me major essentials to use when peer editing.


The Peer Edit with Perfection! Tutorial slideshow made me more aware of the peer editing concepts listed above. I agree with the slideshow that peer editing should be fun. I enjoy helping others and reading all of their ideas, expanding and introducing me to new ideas. It is important to stay positive when correcting a peer's work, keeping in mind how you would like to receive correction on your own work. This slideshow is an awesome tool because it has examples of sentences that can be used when peer editing. It also has practice paragraphs to help you understand the concepts of peer review while allowing you to practice them. Writing Peer Review (Peer Critique) TOP 10 Mistakes was a funny video that showed me the mistakes I can make while doing a peer review and the reaction these mistakes can cause the person you are peer reviewing.


How I plan to Peer Edit

I plan to stay positive when helping my peers because that is what I will expect of them. I will make my suggestions in a non pushy way while making sure my suggestions are understood. If there are only a few grammatical errors then I will keep my corrections in the comment. If there are more than a few grammatical errors, then I will copy their work in an email so I can put my remarks where the problem is so the person will know exactly where I am correcting. This should
help the confusion stay at a minimum

3 comments:

  1. I like your plan to stay positive when peer editing for others and that you expect them to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you.Everyone should also try to stay positive when editing others work. Everyone deserve the same respect that you show them.

    ReplyDelete