Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Practice Blog Post

My name is Haley Torries. I lived in Moss Point, Mississippi, till I was in the eighth grade. Then I moved to Gautier, Mississippi, where I currently live. When I was in high I was set on being a professional musician. I enjoy playing mallet percussion instruments and will always play them to help eliminate my anxiety. After being a music major at South Alabama for five semesters, I realized I would enjoy music more as my hobby. Therefore I changed my music major to a music minor. My next major was marine biology because I took it in high school and really enjoyed it. Soon after I found out that I did not enjoy science enough to make that my career. I still enjoy to fish and make cast nets, but it did not take me long to change my major the last time. I have always enjoyed helping younger children learn so I changed my major to Elementary Education. I enjoy helping my niece learn new things and making her excited about knowing new things. I am excited that I have finally found what I want to do with the rest of my life. I want to get better at talking in front of a large groups of people. I took public speaking which helped me a little, but there is still room for improvement.

 

 This is the first fish net I ever made. I starting making fish nets because it's a family tradition. My dad had all girls so I was happy to keep the tradition going.

No comments:

Post a Comment